Thursday, September 2, 2010

chocolate eclair dessert.

the other day my mom was telling me all about her girls weekend up to wisconsin with some of her friends from college. one night they had a bonfire on the beach, they did their own facials, and even did yoga on the beach. it sounded amazing. she even told me what they had to eat (and i am super jealous of this woman's kitchen -- 2 dishwashers and 2 ovens! heaven.) anyway, one of the meals included a dessert that seemed super delicious and super easy to make. it was ice cream sandwiches layered in a 9x13 pan with layers of cool whip in between. it sounds yummy. after my mom told me about that dessert, i began to think about another dessert that is sorta kinda similar.

i kind of remember eating this as a kid...so i really hope that my mom actually made this and i am not just making up memories in my head. that would be so bad.

chocolate eclair dessert + printable version
--from my book of recipes...i have no idea where it came from...


box of graham crackers
can of chocolate frosting
8 oz tub of cool whip
2 3 oz instant vanilla pudding mixes
3 cups of milk


in a 9x13 pan place a layer graham crackers. 

in a large mixing bowl, add pudding mixes and milk. stir and let thicken. add cool whip. 


using half of the pudding mixture, pour over the graham cracker layer. repeat another graham cracker layer. add remaining pudding mixture. top with final layer of graham crackers. spread chocolate frosting over the last layer of graham crackers. 


refrigerate until ready to serve. 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely remember this - and feel the need to make it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so delicious...i recommend you make it asap.

    ReplyDelete